mid-level SAS Programmer to provide statistical programming and analytical support on a range of projects in the healthcare, education, housing, and U.S. Census areas. The candidate will be involved in all aspects of data analysis and quality assurance. He/she will analyze data collection plans and coordinate various data systems; implement data collection, processing, and analysis methods; and provide consultation on design of data processing systems, which includes specifying needed output, required input, and the methods of validation and quality control.
For this position, the candidate will develop and modify SAS code in support of our technical projects. Programming tasks may include the following :
- Import, clean, and analyze data.
- Develop complex conditional logic.
- Use data steps and PROC SQL to combine and aggregate data.
- Write and modify SAS macros.
- Produce reports and deliverable files for clients.
- Identify data quality issues and develop recommendations on how to resolve those issues to ensure data completeness, consistency, and accuracy for the clients’ analytical
- Collaborate with research staff to help determine and implement study design and specifications.
- Perform quality assurance and participate in code reviews of clients’ deliverables.
- Communicate with internal and external clients to obtain or clarify project requirements and help resolve programming issues.
- Create and maintain documentation for generated work
Required Skills and Experience:
- At least 3 years of experience using SAS to import, analyze, perform quality assurance, and report data.
- Ability to write highly efficient SAS programs using advanced procedures, macros, and
- Fluency in data merging techniques using SAS data steps and PROC SQL.
- Ability to investigate and lead to completion programming tasks of medium complexity.
- Ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team setting and to develop effective relationships with clients, consultants, and
- Strong oral and written communication
- Ability to obtain a security
Desired Skills and Experience:
- SAS Base and Advanced certifications.
- Experience with Python, Tableau, and Power BI.
- Experience with database tools and SQL for data manipulation, aggregation, and
- Experience with analyzing healthcare data.
- Experience with working on projects in a consulting environment
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research, Economics, or similar quantitative field. Master’s degree is a