About the Role
The Quality Assurance Specialist will have the unique opportunity to work with the Refugee Services team. This role is responsible for assuring compliance of Reception and Placement and Cuban Haitians case files with Cooperative Agreement and program guidelines and ensure case files are complete by 90 days from Date of Arrival. Complete Affidavit of Relationship documents with clients and submit to national office.
· Contact and counsel clients interested in filing Affidavit of Relationship (AOR).
· Provide orientation on AOR to refugees and submit completed AOR paperwork to national offices.
· Check client case files and ensure all case note core services are documented within the required timeline according to program guidelines.
· Develop and provide Cultural Orientation topics to refugees and other eligible populations based on the program guidelines.
· Check case files and follow up with caseworkers on missing case note and ensure the required case notes are completed within the assigned time frame and R&P and CH program guidelines
· Check case expense summary report within two months from Date of Arrival and ensure all R&P funds are spent on each client according to program guidelines to ensure allowable expenses are coded to the right GL code.
· Complete and submit Reception and Placement (R&P) reports in Church World Services and Episcopal Migration Ministries databases.
· Handle communications with the national office on reports needed corrections and make the necessary adjustments/corrections to ensure accurate and complete submission of reports
· Review R&P case files at 90 days to ensure all financial documentations are signed and dated by clients and all core service case notes are documented in case note log.
· Ensure that by 30 days case files have all required forms signed and dated by clients according to R&P Cooperative Agreement.
· Submit the electricity connection form with the Energy provider and submit all required documents to ensure waiving connection fees on behalf of the client.
· Assist in filing of RS case files documents as needed.
· Make copies of Social Security cards and Employment Authorization Document cards and place them in the file and provide copies to employment department.
· Sort and organize SS and EAD incoming mail and give them to corresponding caseworkers.
· Complete and submit electricity enrollment form to electricity provider.
· Complete and submit the Harris County Health screening form for initial health screening to refugee department at Health and Human Services Commission.
· Send Food Stamp applications to state office via fax or email and conduct food stamp interviews if needed.
· Assist in preparation for RS internal audit and monitoring from all RS funders.
· Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
· High school diploma or Associate degree required, college degree preferred.
· Proficient computer skills including word processing.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· High degree of independent judgment.
· Must enjoy working with culturally and ethnically diverse staff, clients and volunteers.
· Must be able to work a flexible schedule including some weekends.
· Must have an automobile, valid driver’s license and automobile liability insurance.
· Fluency in one of the refugee languages (Arabic, Spanish, Nepali, Kiswahili, and Burmese) preferred