Economist with strong analytical skills to join our team. A self-motivated individual with leadership and entrepreneurial spirit will be the best fit to support the growth of the company. He or she may work in a variety of areas, including supporting Government agencies in the areas of health, transportation, energy, homeland security, and finance on diverse assignments including:
- Econometric modeling and estimation, including forecasting.
- Design and estimation of cost–benefit analyses.
- Design and estimation of economic impact evaluations.
- Statistical analyses.
- Risk modeling.
- Unintended consequences analyses.
- Analytic findings interpretation and communication.
Minimum Skills and Experience
- D. or M.A./M.S. in Economics, Finance, Statistics, or other related disciplines.
- If a Ph.D., a minimum of 5 years of demonstrated experience with economic, policy, and/or data analysis. If a M.A./M.S., a minimum of 8 years of related experience.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to work in fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in at least one statistical program and familiarity with others, including SAS, R, Stata, and Python. SAS or Stata experience would be a definite asset.
- Ability to write and explain scientific and technical ideas in simple language.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; substantial writing experience, including experience with grant or proposal writing.
- Ability to handle areas of delegated responsibility independently, initiate action, and follow through.
- Must be able to work well with others in a team environment.
- Ability to work on multiple priorities at once.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- 3–5 years of experience working in a consulting firm or with the Federal Government.