This position is responsible for providing routine care to residents in accordance with established policies and procedures, and as directed by the Director of Nursing or other licensed nursing staff to assure the highest degree of quality care is maintained at all times.
Shift hours are 3:00PM-11:00PM
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs and/or assists with all resident needs around activities of daily living (ADL) in a timely and proficient manner per standard protocol and agency expectations including cleaning resident rooms, laundrying items, assisting with bathing and other ADLs. Provides all care in compliance with Resident Rights.
- Monitors and ensures residents receive appropriate physician ordered meal trays, snacks, and fluids. Communicates with nursing and/or dining staff as necessary if appropriate meals, etc are not being received.
- Ensures they provide each resident an environment of acceptance, maintaining the resident's right to dignity and respect including maintaining a clean and safe resident environment.
- Participates in assuring the facility compliance with all applicable, local, state, federal and other regulatory agencies including Ohio Department of Health and CMS Life Safety regulations, as well as facility policies and procedures.
- Participates, cooperates and communicates with other staff members as needed to ensure smooth, efficient facility operations.
- Attends and participates in established meetings and in-services as required or requested.
- Assist with the dining experience.
- Assist the Activities Coordinator with activities as needed.
- Maintains a courteous and respectful behavior with residents and their family members, as well as with co-workers and other staff members.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: High school degree or GED required. Ohio Nursing Assistant exam helpful. Must maintain 12 contact hours annually.
EXPERIENCE: Experience working with the elderly helpful.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Strong communications skills with the ability to deal with difficult residents in a positive, professional and tactful manner.
Strong decision making and judgment skills.
Ability to prioritize work tasks and manage time effectively.
Possess high degree of personal cleanliness and hygiene.
Ability to function independently, have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with residents, personnel, and families.
- Flexibility in managing schedule including weekends and evening hours.