Under direct supervision, this position is responsible for the providing basic maintenance, groundskeeping, and custodial services to the assigned facility(s) including the Emergency Shelter, ADAMH Transitional Houses, Vets Houses, etc. This position also ensures the safety and security of the facilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs basic preventative and routine maintenance throughout the assigned facilities. This includes performing minor electrical, furniture, plumbing, painting, carpentry and security repairs according to manufacturer’s specifications or Agency safety standards. Notifies supervisor of any significant maintenance, safety or security concerns or needs.
- Performs basic facility maintenance and upkeep including checking and replacing filters, light bulbs, batteries, screens, painting, etc. Ensures facility is in good condition year round.
- Ensures the safety and security of the facility. Performs regular fire and other safety drills, ensures safety practices are adhered to and security measures and systems are working properly. Promptly responds to and remedies as appropriate any potential safety hazards.
- Performs general custodial duties throughout the facilities including emptying trash, cigarette cans, etc.
- Maintains facility grounds according to facility expectations and protocol. Ensures walkways, driveways, and parking areas are clear of debris, ice and/or snow.
- Documents activities in maintenance or security log and develops a schedule of preventative maintenance activities.
- Performs routine administrative tasks as needed including collecting and distributing mail; transporting items to and from building and storage.
- Performs all checks on the facility and provides ways to the Director for reducing costs, updating the building, etc.
- All other duties as assigned.
High school education or GED required.
1-2 years experience in general maintenance and/or ground keeping.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated knowledge of grounds and facility maintenance.
- Demonstrated skills in basic carpentry, plumbing, electrical applications.
- Demonstrated understanding of safety practices.
- Experience operating grounds keeping equipment and use of basic maintenance equipment and hand tools preferred.
- Basic knowledge of mathematics.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and provide proof of auto insurance