The basic function of the Optician is to attract and retain patients by delivering an exceptional patient experience, foster patient retention, and promote outstanding doctor satisfaction.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Drive profitable store sales by fostering a retail selling culture by practicing through role-playing, and using effective retail sales skills.
- Develop professional business relationships with other associates and Doctors.
- Fill ophthalmic eyeglass prescriptions, and fit and adapt lenses and frames, to include but not limited to the following:
- Utilize optical prescription in conjunction to the patient's visual requirements.
- Recommend specific lenses, and lens coatings to suit patient needs.
- Assist patients in the selection of frames, and coordinate frames to prescription and patient need.
- Perform appropriate optical related measurements.
- Ensure a quality patient experience through correct pricing, POS entry, and realistic delivery time quotes.
- Provide appropriate guidance to patients regarding Managed Vision Care.
- Assist the store with being effectively merchandised according to the Planogram and other Company standards.
- Assist with the timely execution of approved Marketing programs and initiatives, and the implementation of appropriate signage and promotions according to company standards.
- Other duties as assigned by Store Manager.
- Pre-screen patients prior to doctor appointment.
- Routine store cleaning.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Experience is not required.
- Ability to sell through use of sales skills and accountability for sales results.
- Experience and proven results with a retail or customer service establishment.
- Ability to provide enthusiastic and concise communication to meet/exceed patient expectations.
- Foster positive and results-oriented associate and doctor relationships.
- Attention to detail and follow-up.
- Ability to manage priorities through adaptability and flexibility.
- Willingness to take calculated risks.
- Experience with personal computers preferred.
- Ability to decipher and calculate patient's vision insurance.
- Working knowledge of prescreening equipment (Optomap, Auto-refractor, Tonometer, etc.) prefered.