POSITION - CASE MANAGER (Contract to Perm)
Work Site: Washington, DC 20002
Case management experience, you will meet assisting elderly population with services in the spectrum of the goal of achieving permanent supportive housing. This program serves people 65yr and older who are housed in DC area hotel rooms, as we are working to permanently housing them as quickly as possible from there. members where they are, identify strengths and opportunities for growth and assist them with realistic goal setting. With your skills of collaboration and engagement, you will assist with the safety net for the uninsured HIV/AIDS patients - our most vulnerable population. Your needs assessments, action/service/care plans, referrals and support will directly contribute to the success of the program.
• Engaging/Counseling individuals and families (Some with physical and mental disabilities, substance abuse etc… ) weekly with mental health, helping obtain income, SNAP benefits, Vital documents , Programs for financial burden , and housing needs.
• Collaborate with counselors, physicians, or nurses to plan or coordinate treatment, drawing on social work experience and patient needs.
• Conducting intake assessments for individuals, assessing their situations, capabilities, and problems, to determine what services are required prior to being placed in emergency shelter and transitional housing programs.
• Establishing good working relationships with coworkers, community agencies , organizations in order to help clients with job placement, debt counseling, legal aid,housing,medical treatment, or financial assistance, and provide concert information, such as where to go and how to apply.
• Managing over 25 clients with all housing needs ; finding housing , Food resources, Temporary Shelter , household needs , and connecting with physical and mental health care programs .
• Maintaining all relevant necessary files and case documents , prepared reports , modify treatment plans according to changes in client status regarding all individuals.
· Increasing referrals by providing excellent service and building meaningful relationships with clients and landlords.
· Completing Housing plans, SPDAT assessments and entering case notes within 24 hours.
· Developing and implementing transition services plan to facilitate movement from shelter to supportive housing resources.
· Working daily with the quick base computer system and HMIS computer system.
Bachelors degree in a social sciences field or 2 years of related experience in liue of college degree
TO PREPARE FOR THIS INTERVIEW:
- Be prepared to discuss your experience with social work/case management, assisting with housing and rehousing, crisis intervention, and experience with the elderly