Position: Case Manager - Employment
Location: Fredericksburg, VA
Full-Time (nonexempt status)
- Empowers refugees and other qualified immigrants to achieve earliest possible economic independence and integration into their new communities.
- Connects refugees with job opportunities and provides case management for needed support to address and remove barriers to self-sufficiency.
- Conducts intake, assessment, and program orientation for clients; develops individual employment plans for eligible clients.
- Prepares clients for entering the workforce within 90 days of arrival.
- Enrolls job seekers into ESL classes and assists with accessing vocational and professional short-term trainings to increase employability.
- Maintains positive relationships with clients, employers and training providers and helps to develop new employer and training provider partnerships.
- Educates refugees about the resources available within their community and makes appropriate referrals as needed including benefits through the VA Department of Social Services and case management
- Educates clients and employers about legal documentation required for work; provides referrals to clients for adjustment of status, and naturalization.
- Maintains all required eligibility documentation for clients, performs accurate inputs and updates of client data into agency databases and documents services in case notes.
- Provides all services within the required timelines and monitors clients’ progress.
- Follows all policies and procedures.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2 years relevant work experience
- Able to communicate effectively in writing and verbally to clients and external partners.
- Knowledgeable about local job market, labor market trends, and hiring process.
- Ability to train clients and volunteers
- Be able to assess clients for job readiness and make suitable job matches; assist with completion of job applications and help with preparation for job interviews.
- Be able to set up and accompany clients to job fairs, hiring events, and job interviews, connect clients to career development opportunities and help professionals to understand required credentials and re-licensing.
- Strong networking and relationship building skills.
- Flexible to work irregular and extended hours.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Constant Contact, Survey Monkey, LinkedIn and Facebook
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, have a good driving record, have at least three years of driving experience, and be willing to transport clients in agency vehicles.