The Shift Leader is responsible for ensuring the safety and security of all clients residing at the Transfer Center through the provision of leadership and support to residential direct care staff on a given shift. Assists in the oversight of lodging care services by coordinating activities, problem-solving & making decisions under the direction of the operations manager and program director. Conducts meetings and provides ongoing coaching and evaluative input on direct care staff and participates in continuous quality improvement. Participate as a valuable part of the service delivery team.
· Provides leadership, supervision, and evaluative input to care workers (CW) to ensure client safety, and security at all times assigning specific duties and responsibilities while assisting staff in achieving expectations in a team atmosphere. Conducts supervision surveillance walks for at least 30 minutes to ensure staff and safety accountability. Night Shift Leaders also ensure CWs are alert and conduct supervision checks on clients according to program procedures.
· Work with the treatment team to develop appropriate skills groups for clients. Effectively facilitate skills group meetings with clients, if necessary.
· Support in the supervision and evaluative the coordination of delivery of meals to ensure proper food safety practices, meal ordering and delivery, storage, menu completion, stock rotation, and maintain appropriate pantry stock
· Oversee all client's activities, ensure clients residing at the Transfer Center are closely supervised by care workers, and ensure that clients are provided with transportation to the airport or bus station. Ensure that CW/client ratios are always maintained following program guidelines, Cooperative Agreement, and program procedures
· Responsible for the ongoing completion of accurate documentation. Review of client activities/events that occurred while on duty. Review documentation for timeliness, accurateness, and professionalism. Be in constant communication with other service areas. Have working knowledge of computer programs and databases necessary to complete daily tasks including, but not limited to, population reports, e-mail communication, excel spreadsheets, scanning, and printing of adobe forms
· Night shift leaders must be able to perform duties such as creating client progress notes, weekly activity forms, monthly activity forms/calendar, and create new intake packets when needed. Night shift leaders support compliance by filing client progress notes, weekly activity forms, monthly activity/calendar, and redirection forms from previous shifts on a daily/weekly basis
· While on duty, responsible for coordinating with Hotel security team. Coordinate with Hotel staff and place work orders for repairs as needed.
· Attend all mandatory meetings and training on time and distribute information to other staff about training or meetings. Assist in posting Catholic Charities agency or program level information for staff without computer access
· Perform other duties as required by supervisor
• High School diploma or GED
• One (1) year of experience in a family shelter service setting
· Bilingual (English/Spanish)
· Valid Texas Driver’s License and car insurance