Case navigator is responsible for both navigating homeless individuals and families referred to the program to match them to the appropriate housing opportunity and for working with clients participating in Department programs such as Homeless Prevention Programs, the Homeless Services Program (including those participating in Rapid Rehousing and Permanent Supportive Housing Programs). Updating referral services and providing input regarding assigned cases. Housing Navigation includes screening participants using an assessment workflow through the Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) and will accompany clients from the housing referral through the lease-up process. The position will also collaborate with landlords and community partners. Responsible for working with clients participating in the Rapid Rehousing Program, coordinating/updating referral services, and providing input regarding complex cases. Also responsible for maintaining client files in accordance with agency policies, inputting client information in a designated database(s) and gathering and reporting program metrics. The successful candidate will perform these duties in a satisfactory manner and in accordance with policies, procedures, and core values.
• Screens homeless persons for housing eligibility using the Coordinated Access assessment tool. Provides client referral to the appropriate housing intervention and potential housing sites. Pulls housing referral from HMIS and begins the next step process to enrollment. Assists individuals that are homeless in gathering all documents necessary to complete a housing program enrollment. Accompanies clients to all housing appointments and serves as clients’ primary advocate during the housing search and selection process.
• Assesses families and individuals for strengths and barriers, including employment, behavioral health, criminal history and substance use and refer household to appropriate levels of housing and rental assistance. Assists families and individuals with establishing and meeting housing and related goals, and identifying appropriate steps towards achieving goals, including modifying goals as needed, and evaluation of progress. Carries a caseload of families & individuals, which may include home-based case management.
• Maintains precise and accurate documentation of case management services, including client files and entries into the program databases.
• Coordinates with a variety of outside providers, as necessary, to meet client’s needs and avoid duplications of services. Provides community resource referrals for clients.
· Associate Degree; or
· Two (2) years of experience in lieu of education
· One (1) year of case management experience
· Valid Texas Driver’s License