Te MDS Coordinator is responsible for completing minimum data set assessments and creating comprehensive plans of care after review of the patient's medical record and communication with direct care staff, the patient's physician and family. The MDS Coordinator develops and completes the patient assessment process in accordance with the requirements of federal and state regulations and company policies and procedures.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong clinical assessment skills
- Ability to make independent decisions on a regular basis
- Effective interpersonal skills and the ability to work with an interdisciplinary team
- Basic computer skills
- Proven written and oral communication skills
- Proven decision making and analytical skills
- RN license
- skilled nursing and rehabilitation environment experience
- strong clinical skills
- an understanding of the MDS 3.0 process
- commitment for service excellence
- superior customer service and communication skills.