A great not for profit with exceptional benefits is hiring for an Employment Specialist. This is a full-time office position.
Housing Specialist: $45k - $50k
The Housing Specialist builds and maintains relationships with key housing providers throughout the Arlington boundaries to meet the needs of incoming arrivals.
· Conducts outreach to potential landlords for housing.
· Maintains databases landlords/housing options in various geographic regions of the service area.
· Assists in developing relationships with current landlords and facilitating communication about MRS services to landlords.
· Responsible for assisting with informational presentations to landlords/potential landlords.
· Works to identify possible housing in the target location for client.
· Communicates and coordinates with listing agents and real estate agents in the local communities of resettlement
· Assesses housing needs for clients including housing supplies, transportation, etc
· Reviews leases for clients to ensure ethical agreements
· May assist with voucher preparation for security deposit and rental payments
· Distributes information to the community and increases public knowledge of the work of MRS through multiple sources.
· Identifies, initiates, and deepens relationships with various community partners and stakeholders.
Documentation and Reporting
· Reports to the site supervisor for submission of statistics and required data.
· Assists with quarterly reports preparation to ONA, USCCB and CCDA, when applicable.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Bachelor’s Degree required.
· Strong presentation and advocacy skills.