We are seeking a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) for our client, a national not-for-profit regulator of financial markets, to work at their Rockville, MD location. We are seeking a driven, energetic, and team oriented individual to join their growing team. The chosen candidate will have the opportunity to work with cutting edge technology within several business lines both locally and nationally. We are looking for someone who prides themselves on creating innovative solutions to complex problems.
This is a contract-to-perm role that requires US Citizenship or a Green Card. Full benefits, 401k, sick leave, etc are provided for the duration of the contract portion.
Please see below for the job description and position requirements.
Summary: The main function of a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) is to develop and execute software test plans in order to identify software problems and their causes.
- Execute test plans, scenarios, scripts or procedures
- Test system modifications to prepare for implementation
- Develop testing programs that address areas such as database impacts, software scenarios, or usability
- Document software defects, using a bug tracking system, and report defects to software developers
- Identify, analyze and document problems with program function, output, online screen or content
- Monitor bug resolution efforts and track successes
- Create or maintain databases of known test defects
- Plan test schedules or strategies in accordance with project scope or delivery dates
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required
- Development and programming experience
- Experience with automated testing tools and technologies
- Knowledge of AWS is a plus.
We are not looking for manual testers and test scripters for this particular role.