A leading DC non-profit is seeking a Grant Accountant to work within their DC Headquarters. Our client has an ever growing client base and is looking to hire top talent so this is a great opportunity to get your foot in the door with a great organization.
The chosen candidate will have access to full-benefits, 401k, sick leave, company vehicle, etc. Hours are 9am-5:30pm (40 hours per week with lunch break).
Please see below for an overview of the position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Gather and copy documentation for grants and contract billings.
• Prepare all aspects of grants and contracts billing.
• Code cash receipts as related to the grants and contract billings and prepare adjusting journals.
• Reconcile, collect, re-bill or adjust accounts receivables.
• Prepare journal entries on a routine basis.
• Prepare closeouts/reconciliation of billable cost for contract period end.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
• Associate of Arts degree in Business or Accounting.
• Two years’ experience in accounts receivable collections and payables.
Immediate need. Please submit updated resume for consideration.