Job Summary: Direct Support Professionals provide assistance with daily living skills, household skills, administer medication, and ensure individuals living in these residences have the opportunity to engage in a variety of life experiences both inside and outside their home.
· Dental Insurance
· Vision Insurance
· Employer Funded HRA
· Flexible Spending Account Option
· Retirement Planning Options
· Life Insurance
· Disability Insurance
· Generous paid time off and holidays
· Employee Referral Bonuses
· Employee Assistance Program
· On-going Professional Development Opportunitie
Responsibilities Include; but not limited to:
· Assists individuals in completing personal care (example: hygiene and grooming) activities.
· Provides support to individuals using a person centered approach.
· Provides opportunities for the individual to be a self-advocate by increasing awareness of self-advocacy methods and techniques, encouraging, and assisting the individual to speak on his or her own behalf and providing information on peer support and self-advocacy groups.
· Administers medications accurately and in accordance with agency policy and procedures.
· Assisting with or providing household responsibilities to include, but not limited to: Meal preparation and cooking, Cleaning, Routine household maintenance, Grocery & Supply shopping, etc.
· Promote healthy living through implementing program plans for nursing, nutrition, exercise, and activities.
· Identifies a crisis, diffuses the situation, and determines an intervention strategy and contacts necessary supports while complying with regulations for reporting.
· Assists the individual as needed in planning for community activities and events (example: making reservations, assisting with staff needs, money, materials, and accessibility).
· High School diploma or GED is requiredValid NYS driver’s license and personal transportation is required.
· Ability to work independently, demonstrate sound judgment and complete necessary documentation.
· All employees must consent to a full criminal background check and fingerprinting.