JOB SUMMARY: The Sr. Program Accounting Manager oversees all accounting and financial aspects of the assigned portfolio, handles the more complex accounting matters related to the assigned portfolio of programs, and works collaboratively across departments to oversee financial and compliance facets of the grants and contracts awarded. The position ensures billings are done timely and accurately; collections, revenues, and expenses are properly coded and recorded following GAAP; and that reports and related documentation for the Federal Single audit requirements comply with grants and contract regulations.
Supervisory Responsibility: Provides administrative supervision of 4 FTEs.
- The majority of this person’s time - Creating budgets, reviewing invoices and creating financial reports.
- Greatest challenge that we see for this role is Time management and multitasking.
- Three things we need to see on a resume: 1. Grant and Contract experience, 2.reporting experience, 3.management experience.
- Work hours during Covid- 19. Weekly schedule. 9-5; work remotely 3 – 4 days a week. Office location: Washington, DC 20001.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- BS degree in accounting, finance, business, or related field required.
- Master’s degree in business, accounting, finance, business, or related field preferred.
- 5 years’ experience in accounting with experience in contracts and grants.
- Experience in collections, collection processes, financial services and/or customer service.
- 3 years’ experience as a supervisor.
SKILLS and COMPETENCIES:
- Strong understanding of GAAP
- Familiarity with Federal and State regulations related to grants and contracts and aptitude to understand and interpret complex regulations
- Knowledge of automated financial systems and procurement applications such as Great Plains
- Administrative, management and leadership skills