A great not for profit with exceptional benefits is hiring for an Employment Specialist. This is a full-time office position.
Intake Specialist: $45k - $50k
- Intake Specialist: $45k - $50k
Intake & Referral Specialist is primarily responsible in gathering, reviewing, and analyzing eligibility documentation for new client enrollments. The intake specialist will be responsible to ensure the intake process and the assessment resettlement, employment, training, legal and health needs of newly arrived Afghan parolees. Additionally, this position will assist program staff by aiding in the documentation and communication process.
· Support resettlement staff in gathering, reviewing, and analyzing eligibility documentations.
· Schedule potential clients for intake services.
· Review client eligibility documentation and obtain copies of documents
· Assist resettlement staff in conducting initial client intake
· Open new case files (hard files) for all intakes and enter enrollment data in MRS databases.
· Reconcile data by conducting routine file reviews both hard copies and in multiple databases.
· Have an ability to quantify and qualify data.
· Become familiar with and responsible for data management in multiple databases.
· Work closely with Refugee Cash Assistance and Refugee Employment services staff.
· Answer, screen, and forward incoming service requests as needed
· Maintain office security by following safety policies and procedures.
· Provide referrals and basic information to clients and other walk-ins not eligible for services.
· Perform other clerical duties such as filing, photocopying, scanning.
· Make referrals to in-house programs and external social service providers
· If applicable, translate and interpret as needed to help clients comprehend services.
· Assure compliance with all required reporting as needed
· Attend and participate in team meetings and trainings as needed.
Documentation and Reporting
· Reports to the CCDA MRS Associate Director for self-sufficiency for supervision
· Responsible for submission of statistics and required data.
· Prepares arrival and intake data for submission periodic reports
· Use data management system to regularly collect data and complete case notes (use of Refugee Solution, VNIS and MRIS reporting)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Bachelor’s degree required
· Two (2) years of previous direct work experience in a culturally diverse environment.(preferably refugee resettlement)