Do you have a passion for helping people and are looking for a great mission with amazing benefits?
In this role you will assist immigrants and refugees with basic day to day needs such as enrolling children in school, finding a doctor, and gaining citizenship. Please apply for a rewarding career!
- Ensure all core services mandated through the Department of State Cooperative Agreement are provided within allocated timeframes
- Greet new refugee arrivals at the airport and transport to their residence
- Assist in securing suitable/affordable housing and coordinate the delivery of furniture/supplies to newly arriving refugee families
- Be able to conduct a home visit and, when necessary, transport and accompany clients to assist in their access to different government and community services
- Coordinate initial services for arriving refugees and develop individual service plans. Continue to assess individual and household needs according to program guidelines throughout the service period.
- Collaborate with local health departments, social services offices , mental health providers, school systems and other services providers to ensure required services deliveries to refugees.
- Coordinate with volunteers and churches to support client integration and success.
- Provide cultural orientation and other integration trainings to newly arriving families as part of the adjustment process per Reception and Placement guidelines
- Verify the need and eligibility for rental, cash assistance and other needs and process payment vouchers per State Department guideline.
- Maintain well-organized case notes and client files.
- Provides case management support for MG clients
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Three years of previous direct work experience in a culturally diverse environment.(preferably refugee resettlement)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Bilingual in English and one other language spoken by clients strongly preferred; Dari, Pashtu