Position: Bilingual Case Manager - Family Reunification
Location: Remote (with Manassas as home base)
The Family Reunification Case Manager, Family Reunification (FR), is responsible for conducting home studies (HS) and post-release services (PRS) to unaccompanied children reuniting with sponsors. The position will require some evening work as well as on-call responsibilities.
- Carries a caseload of HS and/or PRS cases.
- Provides HS and PRS through intensive case management and coordination of services.
- Documents all services provided and all contact in case notes.
- Completes and submits client reports promptly.
- Creates electronic files for each case referred to ensure case file maintenance.
- Conduct assessment of client and family needs and assist clients in setting goals.
- Deliver and coordinate services to individuals and families and maintain direct contact.
- Conduct home visits.
- Make appropriate referrals for needs.
- One-on-one weekly meetings with supervisor (program director) to address programmatic needs.
- Participate in weekly team meetings to staff cases and support the team's goals.
- Occasionally attend in-person meetings.
- Elevates complex cases or urgent incidents to the supervisor as needed.
- Serves as task supervisor for social work interns.
- Participate in Intern Group meetings.
- Provides coverage for other case managers on an as-needed basis.
- Connect with in-house services and outside agencies to address the client's needs.
- Reports to the Program Director.
- Prepares home study, periodic, and case closure reports in MRIS for submission on time.
- Provides Family Reunification activities information and success stories quarterly reports.
- Completes quarterly review of case closure files with the program director.
- Uses the data management system regularly to collect data and complete reports (UC Portal, MRIS).
- Creates clients' folders on Microsoft Outlook for email documentation.
- Uses company equipment for documentation (laptop and mobile devices).
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Social Work, behavioral sciences, human services or social services fields; Master's degree in Social Work (MSW) or Counseling preferred.
- Child welfare and/or case management experience preferred.
- Bilingual in Spanish: verbal and written required. Knowledge of indigenous Mayan languages is a plus.
- Experience in conflict management, accountability and confrontation is a must.
- Ability to work independently in the field as well as collaboratively as a team.
- Organized and flexible with a high degree of integrity, reliability, initiative and adaptability.
- Experience utilizing various Microsoft Office software products, including Outlook, Word, & Excel.
- Ability to handle and maintain confidential information per HIPAA protocols.
- Excellent verbal, written and listening communication with the clients and family reunification team.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, have a good driving record, have at least three years of driving experience in the U.S., and be willing to transport clients in agency vehicles.