A leading DC non-profit is seeking a Social Work Supervisor to oversee their Social Work team along with other Case Management staff at their SE DC location with hybrid remote schedule. Our client has an ever growing client base and is looking to hire top talent so this is a great opportunity to get your foot in the door with a great organization.
The chosen candidate will have access to full-benefits, 401k, sick leave, etc. Hours are M-F 9am-5pm with the exception of Thursday 12pm-8pm.
Please see below for an overview of the position.
The Social Work Supervisor seeks to improve the well-being of clients by providing direct clinical and case management services including the coordination of community resources. The Licensed Social Worker will supervise the clinical operations of the assigned area. Ensuring operations and practice at each program are in accordance with best practice standards of the profession, contract/grant requirements and agency practices and procedures. In carrying out the corporate mission and their department, the Social Work Supervisor will be accountable for input on the program operations, program development, staff training, performance management and personnel activities. The Social Work Supervisor will also be responsible for providing timely, accurate and complete reports on all aspects of their assigned programs required by the Program Director.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position provides direct administrative and functional supervision to a total of up to 8 FTE employees, interns and volunteers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administrative supervision of social work and other case management staff is the primary responsibility of others in management.
- Helps to ensure compliance with contracts, agency policies and procedures, accreditation requirements, ethics, best practices and quality standards within the field.
- Assists with hiring and supervision of Case Management staff and student interns as needed.
- Monitors and periodically reviews client files for completeness and quality of content.
- Creates and maintains case records, including, but not limited to legal documentation, psychosocials, case notes, case plans, service updates, court reports, medical reports, UIRs, referrals, discharge summaries, visitation records and educational information.
- Provides case management oversite, case consultation, and crisis intervention to all direct service staff, interns and volunteers
Education and Experience:
- Provides at least weekly clinical supervision to licensed Social Work staff.
- May carry a caseload, depending on needs of program.
- Conducts on-going assessment of client needs and assist clients in setting goals, as needed.
- Delivers and coordinates services to individuals and families, as needed.
- Provides individual and group counseling as needed.
- Collaborates with and provides necessary referrals to other disciplines including legal, medical, dental, recreational, educational, vocational, substance abuse and mental health professionals, and other housing or service providers.
- Master’s degree in Social Work required.
- 5+ years of progressively responsible 1-on-1 social work caseload experience in clinical and administrative tasks required.
- 2+ years experience working with individuals who are homeless or mental health or substance abuse issues required.
- 2+ years supervising a case management team and/or interns.
- For DC, LICSW Social Work licensure required.
- For Maryland, Clinical Social Work licensure LCSW-C required.
- Certificate to clinically supervise Social Workers required.
Immediate need. Please submit updated resume for consideration.