The Credit Analyst will work closely with the Chief Lending Officer to monitor portfolio loans and underwrite new transactions within the Lender Finance throughout North America. In general the Credit Analysts will analyze credit risk and prepare memorandums which summarizes the risk assessment of companies. The credit analyst will also be highly involved in managing, monitoring, and reporting loan performance trends (financial and collateral) to maintain appropriate levels of risk on an ongoing basis.
Identify and track the key collateral and financial performance metrics on existing loan investments and communicate trends, risks, and safeguards to senior management.
* Proactively monitor and enforce the terms of the loan agreement for assigned lending relationships in all respects. Prepare recurring update credit memos and risk rating assessments for closed loans.
* Assist with completing loan investment approval write-ups to present to the credit committee.
* Construct loan repayment models to forecast portfolio liquidation risk under a variety of downside scenarios.
* Review borrowing base certificates as submitted to ensure that the collateral pledged under the loan facility adheres to established loan agreement guidelines to manage the lending exposure.
* Obtain a strong working knowledge of lending guidelines to maintain compliance while identifying exceptions to policy.
* Develop and refine ongoing portfolio monitoring reports to track performance and identify adverse trends.
* Perform industry due diligence and summarize findings for senior management’s consideration.
* Coordinate investment closings with the operations team.
* Ensure loan documentation and credit files are timely updated and maintained in compliance with internal procedures and guidelines.
* Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 2 years’ of relevant financial services or lending experience
* Strong financial statement analysis skills with a firm grasp of accounting and finance matters.
* Outstanding quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, including financial modeling.