Resettlement Case Manager for Migration and Refugee Services (MRS), is responsible for the direct management of individual refugee cases (including minor children), timely delivery of core services, and consistent documentation of services to each refugee family assignment. The goal of Resettlement Case Manager is to manage multiple community and internal resources for the benefit of the client and to follow MRS policies in resettlement services. Resettlement Case Manager may also provide Match Grant case management services when necessary.
· Ensure all core services mandated through the Department of State Cooperative Agreement are provided within allocated timeframes
· Greet new refugee arrivals at the airport and transport to their residence
· Assist in securing suitable/affordable housing and coordinate the delivery of furniture/supplies to newly arriving refugee families
· Be able to conduct a home visit and, when necessary, transport and accompany clients to assist in their access to different government and community services
· Coordinate initial services for arriving refugees and develop individual service plans. Continue to assess individual and household needs according to program guidelines throughout the service period.
· Collaborate with local health departments, social services offices , mental health providers, school systems and other services providers to ensure required services deliveries to refugees.
· Coordinate with volunteers and churches to support client integration and success.
· Provide cultural orientation and other integration trainings to newly arriving families as part of the adjustment process per Reception and Placement guidelines
· Verify the need and eligibility for rental, cash assistance and other needs and process payment vouchers per State Department guideline.
· Maintain well-organized case notes and client files.
· Provides case management support for MG clients
· Assist with AOR and CAM program
Documentation and Reporting
· Reports to the MRS Associate Director for Resettlement for supervision and
submission of statistics and required data.
· Prepares case closure reports in MRIS for submission in timely manner.
· Provides R&P activities information quarterly reports.
· Use data management system to regularly collect data and complete case notes (use of Refugee Solution, VNIS and MRIS reporting)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Bachelor’s degree required
· Two (2) years of previous direct work experience in a culturally diverse environment.(preferably refugee resettlement)
· Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
· Bilingual in English and one other language spoken by clients; Dari, Pashtu