Provide resettlement case work for 150 clients per year. Provide all core services in the prescribed time period. Develop and unique and individualized service plan with newly arrived refugees to achieve self-sufficiency through R&P, Match Grant and. Work with the Refugee Services staff to meet all program guidelines.
1. Pick up refugee families at the airport.
2. Provide resettlement orientation and develop unique and individual service plan for each refugee family based on their needs, challenges and goals to achieve self sufficiency
3. Follow up with clients on the developed service plan and use independent judgment to resolve any challenges that might hinder the plan to achieve self sufficiency
4. Analyze the refugee family situation and make proper referrals to Employment, Match Grant, RCA, ESL and other appropriate programs
5. Conduct the intake process with Special Immigrant Visa Holder and Asylees to determine their eligibility to receive the federal Reception and Placement program services from the Department of State based on their legal status and date of entry
6. Communicate with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services and act on behalf of clients to resolve any issues related to the delay in getting client Employment Authorization Document
7. Apply for government documents and federal and state benefits, such as Food Stamps & Medicaid
8. Ensure school age children have the required immunizations required to be enrolled in school
9. Take children to enroll in school
10. Assess clients with special problems and make appropriate referrals to solve such problems
11. Pick up and deliver household items (sofas, tables, groceries) to refugee families.
12. Provide interpretation and transportation to clients as needed
13. Assist with employment services, including job interviews, applications, transportation and follow-up
14. Doing advocacy work for Refugees as need
15. Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
1. Document all services provided in files and case notes, as required by program guidelines
2. Complete all client applications in a timely and accurate manner
3. Prepare and submit reports as required
1. Fluency in one of the refugee languages (Afghani) language is required.
2. Fluency in English, with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
3. High degree of independent judgment, flexibility and problem-solving skills.
4. Must be able to work a flexible schedule including some late nights and weekends.
5. Must be able to lift 30 pounds on a regular basis, and 50 pounds occasionally.
6. Must have a valid driver’s license and automobile liability insurance.